Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Bright & Cheerful Birthday

Just a little bit of birthday eye candy for you tonight...

a simple little card in celebration of some favorite retired and soon-to-be retired products. Only one color featured here is making a comeback on July 1st...Baja Breeze and thank goodness! It's such a pretty color and so versatile. When it returns with the new catalog not only will we have paper and ink but new coordinating ribbon and designer paper and I can't wait to get my hands on a Baja Breeze marker! Anway, back to the card...in addition to BB, my colors are Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral and Very Vanilla (Very Vanilla will remain a core SU color becoming part of the Neutrals Collection on July 1st). These bright and cheerful colors go well with the pop-art feel to the flowers from the Garden Greetings stamp set.

Isn't that ribbon luscious? Double-sided satin Kiwi Kiss & Very Vanilla. It's so thick and yummy to the touch!

And my new favorite thing to do...a finished inside. Sometimes you don't have a specific event or person in mind when you make a card so it can be difficult to finish it with a sentiment but I do like a little bit of stamping in a corner or somwhere to tie the design together...I can always come back with a sentiment when needed. But this one headed out the door the day I made it so I knew for sure it was a birthday greeting! I hope my SIL in Wisconsin likes it--I think she will...do you? Thanks for looking!

supplies:
stamps: garden greetings (retired); all holidays
ink: baja breeze, cameo coral, kiwi kiss, chocolate chip classic ink pads
paper: very vanilla, baja breeze, cameo coral cardstock
xtras: scallop border punch, corner rounder punch, SAMJ, kiwi kiss satin ribbon (retired)


2 comments:

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Great card and color combo. I LOVE kiwi and will be soooo sad when it's gone. the little touch inside the what I like as well. Just adds the finishing touch... don't ya know. 8-)

Sam said...

Another beautiful card and I am so going to try and finish off the inside of my next card. Congratulations on your Color Q win by the way. Your card was perfect.