Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

More Curtain Call {Act 34} Mojo {143}

Hi everyone! Who knew...that rich razzleberry, basic grey and dusty durango could look so good together?! Well, apparently Stacey at the Curtain Call Color Challenge did because that is her challenge this week!







Once again, I really loved this week's Mojo Monday sketch which gave me the jump start I needed on this design. The sahara sand cardstock base is stamped with the Woodgrain Background stamp also in sahara sand ink. I think the Woodgrain coordinates well with the natural look of this little flower from the level 1 hostess set Of the Earth. The flowers were stamped in versamark ink and heat embossed with white stampin' emboss powder. I love the way the white looks so crisp and clean against the saturated challenge colors. So summer-y! I brought in the whisper white for the challenge on the background strip that was textured with the square lattice impressions folder. Some ruffled basic grey taffeta ribbon added even more texture and interest. The taffeta ribbon is my absolute favorite! So easy to tie in knots--even bows--and it's perfect for the ruffle technique I used here.

I inked up the cute little text stamp from the Charming set in sahara sand ink and stamped it onto whisper white. A journey into my stamp storage (with a flashlight!) for a sentiment I had not used in awhile turned up this retired set called Best Yet (I think it might have been a hostess set?) which got inked up in rich razzleberry. The 1.75" circle punch made just the right sized circle and the Circles #2 die made a perfectly-sized mat in coordinating rich razzleberry.
I finished off the inside with the Charming stamp inked in rich razzleberry and stamped off once. A dusty durango flower pulls in the color from the card front and finishes it off nicely! Thanks so much for all the sweet comments you leave for me--I hope your day is a crafty one!

edited 6/20/10: WOO HOO, this card was a Top 5 Show Stopper at Stacey's Curtain Call!

supplies:
stamps: woodgrain; of the eart; best yet; charming
ink: sahara sand, rich razzleberry, dusty durango
paper: sahara sand, whisper white, rich razzleberry, dusty durango & basic grey cardstock
xtras: basic grey taffeta ribbon; square lattice impressions folder; 1.75" circle punch; circles #2 die; stampin' emboss powder; rhinestones from my stash

10 comments:

Christina said...

Clever use of the sketch and this week's colors! I've been totally stumped on this sketch myself. I love your ribbon treatment and that woodgrain background!

Lesley said...

Oh I love this Nance! Great way to show off the colours!!!
Smiles,
Lesley

Sue said...

A stunning use of the colours Nance! I love your card, someone will be elated to receive it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

Linda Callahan said...

A fabulous chorus line of flowers - love it!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Nance, you really rocked these colors, your card is gorgeous!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty. If you had told me to use those colors I would have never thought that they could look so good together! Wonderful job with the sketch and I love that ruffled ribbon behine the trio. And that emossed white panel sets off the whole card. Beautiful!

Marisa said...

Lovely double challenge card. I saw this mojo sketch and headed for the hills - you've done a great job. Great use of this week's colours. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call :D

Stacey Schafer said...

Total gorgeousness, Nance! Love all of the elements you've combined here...the texture, layered stamping, bunched-up ribbon...gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

great job on the challenge! The colors look great but I never would have thunk!

Nancy said...

This card is beautiful, love the stamps embossed in white (know you've been wanting to do that for a while), great job. As always anything done in 3's is eye-catching BUT I absolutely adore the inside of the card.