Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chocolate Pear Parade: Color Dare {80}


It's Color Dare time again and the Design Team has a gorgeous color combination to inspire you: 
CD 80
Chocolate Chip
Pear Pizzazz
Poppy Parade
Very Vanilla
Pretty simple card to share with you today using one of my all-time favorite stamp sets that returned for another year in the catalog...Inspired by Nature.  The beautiful flowers were inked with my Stampin Write markers in all 3 of this week's colors and stamped onto a Naturals Ivory cardstock Top Note.  I just trimmed off part of the Top Note to allow more room on the right side of the card.  I really like this layout.  Next, I stamped the grass from the Inspired by Nature in Chocolate Chip on a Chocolate Chip base.  The grass was stamped again in Pear Pizzazz on a strip of the same cardstock and then lined up with the grass image on the base card:

I inked the large flower again with my Stampin' Write markers and then fussy-cut the flower to pop it up for some added dimension.
I hope you've enjoyed my card today--be sure to check out the inspiring projects from the rest of the Color Dare Design Team.  Then try your hand at this week's colors.  If you don't have these exact colors, a similar match will do.  We can't wait to see what you create!

supplies:
stamps: inspired by nature; because i care
ink: chocolate chip, pear pizzazz
paper: chocolate chip, pear pizzazz, poppy parade, naturals ivory CS
xtras: antique brads; hemp twine; top note die

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely card Nance, great use of all the colors just on the flower! Cutting the top note and using it as a backdrop is perfect to showcase the focal point of the flowers, very nice!

Christina said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Nance! Your balance of color is always perfect. I adore the way you've stamped the grasses on the background and again on the green strip, it just adds so much interest. Ironically, I just used a very similar color combo last night, but I love it so much I may do another one for this challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Well I love pears drizzled with chocolate and this is no exception! And that popped up flower reminds me of a sweet little canopy :)These are great colors and you used them beautifully!

Marisa said...

LOVE this card!! Fabulous use of that set and I love how you highlighted it on the top note die. Great use of this week's colours!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely love the layout. This set is so perfect with these colours. Love the brad and twine too. Great card!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

This set is one of my all time favorites and I never tire of seeing so many of the different looks that can be achieved with it. Beautiful card and love the antique brad touch.

jjcreations said...

I love your card! I like how the top note is situated....and I love how you've double stamped the grass. Very creative.