Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hello Poppy! {PP55}


Happy Paper Players Sunday, friends!  As you read this I am on a Mommy & Me camp-out with my daughter's Girl Scout troop!  Lesley is our Color Challenge hostess with the mostess this week and she has selected a sophisticated and modern color palette:
I will be the first one to say that I am NOT a fan of Poppy Parade but I do LOVE it combined with these colors.  Basic Gray, Cumb Cake and Baja Breeze all on one card?  Be still my heart!  Poppy is just perfect for a little pop of color which is what I do when I'm stumped by a color!
It's a pretty simple design and [I think] doesn't need much explanation but just a few pictures to show you the details.

I stamped Upsy Daisy directly on the Baja Breeze patterned paper and then outlined the flowers with a Baja Breeze marker for added dimension.
The bold and beautiful sentiment from My Friend was inked in Versamark, then Basic Gray ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set.  Love that shine, beginning to love that set!
The Crumb Cake border was punched with the Scallop Trim border punch and backed with some Poppy Parade circles made with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.  These pint-sized circle sure do pack a poppy punch! ;-)
And so do those sweet little Poppy butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit--so glad that made it to the new catalog!  Pop on over for some Paper Player fun and check out the rest of the Design Team inspiration:
The Paper Players Design Team
We hope you can join us this week!  Because so many on our design team are headed to the SU Convention, our color challenge will stay open an extra week--until Friday, July 22nd at midnight (PST)!  Hope to see you there...thanks for stopping by today!

supplies:
stamps: my friend, upsy daisy, inspired by nature
paper: basic gray, crumb cake, poppy parade CS; subtles designer pattern stack
ink: baja breeze, versamark, basic gray
xtras: scallop trim border punch; itty bitty punch pack; beautiful wings embosslit; crumb cake 3/8" taffeta ribbon; clear embossing powder

15 comments:

Lesley said...

I love the punch of Poppy, you have used it beautifully here! That stamp set is really nice, the hello looks perfect embossed! Hope you had a fun "Mommy and Me" camping trip!
Hugs,
Lesley

Marisa said...

Love the little pops of red peeking out. Great use of the Upsy Daisy and the colour challenge. Hoping you had a great time camping out with your daughter :)

LeAnne said...

Love this---so cheerful and I love the pops of Poppy!

Christina said...

I have to agree with you on Poppy Parade, but it does add just the right punch to this color combo. I love the way you backed the open scallops with it and perched a sweet red butterfly on the flourish from the sentiment!

Hope your camping trip was tons of fun!

Ann Schach said...

Oh how cute! I love the "pop" of poppy! Heat embossing the sentiment was the perfect touch!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

LOVE this card and the challenge! I need to order this set!

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is great - I actually am warming up to this colour. You've shown us some great ways to add a colour in a challenge that we may not really like, though. Great pops here and there. Wonderful!

Linda Callahan said...

You are right - poppy pops here :) So cute! Have fun with Arden!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance,
Oh this card is fantastic! Love the pop of Poppy! what a great design you've come up with, as usual)Love the upsy daisy; one of my favorites. Just a great great card.
Sounds like fun with Arden too. I'm already wore out from my three grandkids and still one more week to go. Gramma will need a NAP! Hugs.

Nancy said...

Beautiful card Nance, love the little pops of color and what a great idea to use it in just a few places, but so effective! Upsy Daisy looks so good stamped on the polka-dot paper, great job.

Margaret said...

Another beautiful card! Love the crumb cake ribbon! Now I have to have that too... Wonderful use of the poppy as an accent color!

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow ... that Poppy Parade sure does add that "pop" of colour doesn't it ... I love how you have used it to peek in between the scallops, and those teeny weeny butterflies just adds the tiniest of colour for the "wow" factor ... and I really love the effect of stampin on DSP, looks terrific!!!

Sandra said...

This is beautiful, Nance! I love how you have stamped directly onto the DSP. The Poppy butterflies are the perfect touch.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Nance, I just love how you added the little touches of Poppy Parade throughout the card. It looks gorgeous! I really like the stamped image on the DSP....and that My Friend set has officially been added to my wish list. Hope your camp out was fun! Hugs! :)

France May said...

What a nice card, Nance, I love it !