Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Wetlands Goose

I really love this Wetlands stamp!  It's very versatile working equally as well with light, beach colors or dark, masculine colors:
I needed a birthday card for my BIL who lives in the wilds of Wisconsin and this goose is just perfect!  I paired it with some Core'dinations cardstock embossed and sanded to resemble barn wood.  Again, perfect for my BIL who actually salvaged wood from an old barn--I mean the entire barn--and used it to build an addition onto their house! How cool is that?!
Sometimes when an image is colored with markers, the color is less saturated and not as pretty.  Not so with this stamp!  The weathered, watercolor look of it makes for a great multicolored image.  Here I colored with Early Espresso, Gumball Green and Crushed Curry.  I masked the goose so that I could stamp the grasses around him.
Love the Crumb Cake Epic Day Washi Tape for a little texture and subtle color and the Banner Greetings hostess set was a must on my very first order!
This is just one of those stamp sets that Stampin' Up does so well--fine details that stamp beautifully!  I hope you've enjoyed my Wetlands Goose birthday card.  The full list of supplies I used to make this card is listed below.  Thanks for stopping by today, friends! 
 
Photobucket

Supplies
Stamps: Wetlands, Banner Greetings, Blooming with Kindness
Ink: Early Espresso, Gumball Green classic ink
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Gumball Green CS; Eastern Elegance DSP; Early Espresso Core'dinations CS
Xtras: Oval Framelits; Window Frame Framelits, Hexagon Punch; Epic Day Washi Tape; Stampin Write markers (Gumball Green, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso), Festive Piercing Pack;Stampin' Pierce Mat; Paper Piercing Tool; Woodgrain embossing folder 

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

GREAT masculine card...love the details and that woodgrain embossing!

Marisa said...

Just LOVE that wood grain Background!! Oh and that CANADA goose - oh yes wink, wink :) Fabulous card indeed.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous :)I love how you have picked up on the yellow and green on both your stamped image and your background-what a beautiful layout this is Nance :)Nessa xx

Janice said...

So pretty - what a great card, Jx

stampwithsandy said...

Great card, Nance! I love this stamp set!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love ths! Beautifully done and spot on for a guy!

Margaret said...

What a fabulous masculine nature card! The woodgrain embossing goes so well with your wonderful image!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance great card. I didn't want this set initially but now I've used it soooooooo much! love it.
Really great for masculine cards but those little birdies are too cute! hugs