Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Flower Shop Flip {PP162}

Hiya, friends!   I'm back with another week at The Paper Players where the talented LeAnne has a lovely color combination for us to work with:
Rich Razzleberry is one of those colors that when I use it, I wonder why I don't use it more often!  So pretty and...well...RICH!  I just received an order with the Circle Card Thinlit Die and wanted to give it a try.  
I used the die to cut my card base from Basic Black cardstock and layered some Modern Medley DSP and retired Pool Party paper on the two panels of the base.  To get the sizing right, I measured each panel, cut the paper to size and then from the back side traced the circle and hand cut the window. 
Before I SNAIL'ed down the DSP, I wrapped some Very Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon around each panel, lining them up so they appeared as one.  Of course, this isn't just Very Vanilla seam binding!  I really wanted to use Rich Razzleberry ribbon but the only one I had was too narrow.  So, I stamped the border pattern from Summer Silhouettes directly on the ribbon in Rich Razzleberry ink.  The ink bled a little and I rather like the effect--a bit like the Ikat pattern that is so trendy right now. 
I stamped the flowers in Rich Razzleberry with the Flower Shop set and coordinating Pansy punch.  Lots of other products used there too: Secret Garden Framelits for the Pool Party leaves, Boho Blossom punch for the center of the flowers, Candy Dots, and finally a sentiment from the Banner Greetings hostess set!  I made sure to place the flowers well inside the circle so they do not interfere with the flipping action of the center circle--I promise you they don't!
I found that the 2.5" circle punch makes the perfect size circle to fit on the back of the focal point.  It was the perfect size to feature this fun sentiment from the Remembering Your Birthday set.  

I hope you'll remember to check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and then consider palying along with us before the challenge ends on Friday, September 13th (gasp!) at Noon (PDT).

 The Paper Players Design Team
  
For those who are interested...here's a few more pix from our recent trip.  We ended our dusty safari trip with 3 days on the island of Zanzibar where we relaxed, snorkeled and washed the dust off in the Indian Ocean.  Here's an entirely different view of Africa:





Thanks for stopping by today, friends!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Flower Shop, Remembering Your Birthday, Banner Greetings
Ink: Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Pool Party CS; Modern Medley DSP; 2012-2014 In Color Pattern Stack (retired)
Xtras: Circle Card Thinlit die; Secret Garden Framelit die; Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon; Pansy punch; 2.5" circle punch; Boho Blossom punch; Neutrals Candy Dots

15 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww, this is gorgeous, so many details making a beautiful card. Great tip on making the pattern ribbon and the circle for the inside sentiment, very, very nice!
Love the Africa pix's too, sounds like it was a heavenly trip!
Luv,
Mom

Dawn Tidd said...

Wow! What a stunning card! I love the DSP, Flowers and the ribbon. You combined everything so well and ended up with one fantastic card. Thanks for sharing your pix from your trip too. They're fun to see!

Marisa said...

Great fold and gorgeous flowers!! Love the musical score in the BG too. That Indian Ocean looks heavenly. Brings me back to my years of swimming in Costa Rica.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Nance gorgeous flip card! love it. the music notes are great and the flowers gorgeous.
I really enjoyed your photos from your trip too.. how beautiful and how wonderful that Arden gets to see these sites at such a young age.
hugs
PS: thanks for the comment on my card. I'm still trying to figure how to send the comments to my new email address!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love this color combo and your use of the colors in your card. Lovely papers and flowers. TFS

StampingBetty said...

ok lady that card is already a WoW! and then i noticed what you did with the ribbon! brilliant! keep up the good work!

LeAnne said...

WOW! I was so impressed by your stamped ribbon that, at first glance, I totally missed that this was a swing card! Great way to use that Circle Card thinlit!!! Terrific blend of patterns & florals....just awesome! AND your photos of Africa? WHo knew they had beaches like that? I would almost want to go there myself! TFS!

stampwithsandy said...

What a wow card, Nance! So many great details, where to begin? The stamped ribbon is very cool, and I love all the flowers and leaves coming off the card. Thanks for sharing more pics, too!

Linda Callahan said...

What a gorgeous card! Looks very complicated to me! I love the colors and the total,design! And what a way to end your trip......beautiful!

Margaret said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love every element!
So glad you shared your pictures of Zanzibar. I grew up in Nairobi, and loved the ocean in Kenya. I've always wanted to go to Zanzibar, and your pictures kinda granted that wish!

Ann Schach said...

An absolutely stunning card, Nance! I LOVE the music paper. What gorgeous pictures from your trip,too!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a gorgeous creation Nance-so pretty.
Beautiful photos too-heaven on Earth :)
Nessa xxx

Unknown said...

card looks super complicated, full of little beautiful touches!

Jaydee said...

Nance, African does, indeed, have some glorious beaches! Thanks for sharing the photos.
I love your use of the new thinlets. The flowers around the focal point are just gorgeous.
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love everything about your card, Nance! But hey, when do I not? Ha! The flip card is SO fun! I just got that die and you have inspired me to use it. Your photos are gorgeous...I imagine it was even more beautiful in person. What a wonderful trip you had. Big hugs! :)