Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Gently Falling for Fall {PP172}

Hiya friends!  Sunday's post for The Paper Players sure snuck up on me!  I apologize for the late post today.  It's playoff time for my daughter's volleyball team and we've been busy!  Anywhoo...this week I am the hostess at The Paper Players and I couldn't resist one more [what I envisioned as a] fall challenge:
I had something else entirely in mind when I sat down to design my DT card but along the way, I got an idea and here are the results:
Obviously, I went very clean-and-simple with this one but I made three cards so that counts for somethin' right?!  :-)  To stamp the focal point, I cut a piece of copy paper to the size of my card front (4.25" x 5.5") and using my Ovals Collection Framelits cut an oval from the center to make a mask.  Copy paper is best for this because it is thin and doesn't give you a hard edge when you're stamping over the edge.  I attached the mask directly to the card front with removable tape and stamped just the leaf outline stamps from Gently Falling through the oval.  I used matching ink for a tone-on-tone look and the colors are Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry and Cajun Craze.
Before removing the mask, I used the Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack to pierce an outline for the oval.  I took the mask off for the first card I made but discovered because there isn't a hard line to the stamped images, it was difficult to line up the piercing template.  So, I put the mask back on and I was able to line up the edge of the mask with the template and pierce the oval perfectly.  The Expressions Thinlits Dies really glam it up when cut from some Champagne Glimmer Paper.  Such a great color and perfect for the season.  

Be sure to check out the rest of The Paper Players Design Team inspiration for some clever CAS with Leaves ideas.  I hope you'll consider playing along with us before the challenge ends on Friday, November 22nd at Noon (PST).  Until then...have a great week, peeps!

   
The Paper Players Design Team

Photobucket
Supplies
Stamps: Gently Falling
Ink: Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry CS & Champagne Glimmer Paper
Xtras: Expressions Thinlits Dies; Ovals Collection Framelits; Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack; piercing mat; paper piercer; copy paper

6 comments:

Julie Davison said...

GORGEOUS! I love the simplicity of your design. Your cards are just beautiful!

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome cards, Nance? Love the added touch of the paper piercing with the Glimmer Paper. They're really gorgeous!

stampwithsandy said...

What a great set of cards, Nance! Love your color selections, and they look so pretty with the tone on tone stamping inside the oval, and of course the glimmery greeting. Great challenge, too!

Jaydee said...

Nance, I love this challenge! I also love your framed leaves with the paper piercing and the embossed sentiment. CAS, but stunning. Hugs
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

It just occurred to me that I hadn't commented on your cards...which are FABULOUS! What a cool technique....I just love this and may have to try it myself!

Ann Schach said...

What a neat set of cards, Nance! Clean and simple with a touch of sparkle!